Thursday 20 May 2010

REFLECTIVE JOURNAL- Project Reflection



Module: Student Set Project

 

This project required us to pick anything we wanted to focus on and communicate it graphically.  After much deliberation I decided to focus on a topic that related to my dissertation. This was partly because I had done a large amount of research on the subject already and also because I wanted to look further into aspects I had only touched on in my dissertation. This book looks into the exploitation of contestants involved in reality television and ultimately shows the reality of reality television.

I was pleased with the final outcome of this project as I felt all the pages flowed together nicely and the colours and style of the book suited the topic. This book was designed as an artistic piece to be enjoyed by everybody, especially those interested in reality television.

My biggest challenge with this project was ensuring that each page was interesting and that the book was not repeating itself over and over again. I think I managed to overcome this well by including a number of historic tortures and modern day ‘tortures’. I felt the book was clear to understand, however, I would further improve this outcome by making the navigation of the pages a bit clearer as this was the main thing that stood out in my feedback.  I would also consider taking this further by producing an installation or animation to go with the booklet; I feel this would be impressive for the exhibition.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment